LYIT Library are here to support you and your students.
Training sessions are an easy way to learn about and explore the wide range of resources and services that are available to support your teaching, learning and research.
Training sessions available:
- Library inductions
- Information sources
- Using the online library
- Citing and referencing
- Using electronic resources
- Bibliographic database searching
- Reference management
Training can be delivered via:
- one-to-one training
- group training
- online tutorials PostGrad only
We offer a timetable of scheduled training sessions. You can arrange a session for you and/or your students by contacting Ciara.Black@lyit.ie or come along to the Library and speak to Ciara.
Information skills training sessions include:
- Information sources, exploring primary & secondary sources and locating books.
- Using the online library to search the library collections.
- Citing and referencing using the Harvard University of Limerick referencing style.
- Using electronic resources such as eBooks, eJournals, etc.
- Bibliographic database searching.
- Reference management using Zotero.
- Schedule a personal consultation for advice on how to best discover the literature related to your research area.
- Arrange basic library instruction for you and/or your students.
- Arrange more advanced sessions on topics such as sourcing journal articles, database searching, referencing, etc.for you and/or your students.
- Explore what information literacy is and how information skills sessions can be tailored to your needs and linked directly to specific assignments or embedded in the curriculum.
- Recommend new resources for purchase.
Library induction for new staff
Staff will learn:
- to find your way around the Library.
- to navigate the Library Website effectively.
- how to find information using Search + Find.
- how to use library databases and other eResources such as eJournals and eBooks.
- here to check out or renew books and find books that are not in the LYIT library.
- about essential research skills such as referencing techniques and using Zotero online as a reference manager.