Borrowing & Renewing
All you need to know about borrowing items from the library.
All LYIT students and staff automatically become members of their campus libraries. Your college ID card is also your library membership card. You will need your card for both the Issue desk and the Self Service Unit, located on the Letterkenny campus.
- Students can borrow 4 items at a time
- Book loans can be renewed online at library.lyit.ie
- Books and other library material may be borrowed for two weeks with up to 2 renewals allowed for some material
- Theses and heavily used material are kept at the information desk and may be borrowed for up to 1 hours from Desk Reserve
- Journals and Reference books can only be used in the library
What happens if my books are overdue?
In order to improve our service to students we have introduced fines on books that are overdue. It is envisaged that this should reduce the number of books that are overdue thereby giving all students equal access to our book stock.
Fines are charged on overdue items.
- Normal Loans 30c per day.
- One week loans and 50c per day
- Three day loans €1 euro per day
- Desk Reserves €1 euro per hour
Reserving items that are out on loan
Items that are out on loan can be reserved on the library website or by asking a member of the Library staff at the Information Desk.
Borrowing items from other LYIT campus library
Items that are held in the Killybegs Library can be borrowed. Reserve them on the library website or ask at the Information Desk.
Items that are not held in LYIT Library can be obtained by using our Inter-Library Loan Service. Loans from other IT Libraries are free of charge. Online ILL requests can be made at here