Rules and Regulations
In order to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for reading, learning and all other library activities, ATU Donegal Library requires all users to comply with the following rules and regulations:
All students have the right to peaceful, quiet, contemplative study so, no talking please in the library. This also includes the use of mobile phones; mobile phone use is also prohibited on the back stairwell as the noise can be very disruptive. Group study rooms can be booked online for group work.
Rules and Regulations.
- Silence must be observed at all times.
- Computers are provided for study and research purposes only and anyone using social networking sites, playing online games etc. will be asked to desist.
- Food and beverages are not permitted.
- You must carry your student ID card at all times in the library to avail of any of the services provided.
- Do not give your ID card to another person or give books you’ve borrowed from the library to another person.
- You are responsible for all books borrowed on your student ID card.
- Books borrowed are subject to recall at anytime.
- All books must be returned to the book return boxes located outside the main library door and underneath the self-issue screen.
- We do not accept responsibility for books left unattended at the library information desk.
- All items must be returned or renewed on, or before, the due date for return.
- Students that have overdue books may have their computer logon disabled.
- Failure to return overdue books may result in the withholding of examination results.
- Students are requested to prepare to finish their studies 10 minutes before closing time.
- Fire exits must be kept clear at all times.
- Readers must vacate the Library and the building immediately, by the nearest emergency exit, when asked to do so because of an emergency or the threat of fire. The instructions of Fire Marshals must be followed.
Regulations may be altered at the discretion of the Librarian.