The annual cost of this service is €40.00
External Student membership is valid for one year from the date of registration.
Official I.D. is necessary when registering external member for the first time, for example, Driver’s Licence, Bank Card, Credit Card etc..
An address, email address and mobile telephone number will be required for external Student.
A current external member library card must be produced each time books are being borrowed.
External members must be registered at a third level College or aged 21 or over.
- A maximum of two books may be borrowed at any one time for a normal loan period of two weeks.
- Books labelled ‘Reference Only’ may not be borrowed.
- If the library materials you have borrowed, are not requested by another Library member they may be renewed for a further loan period at the Issue Desk or by telephone (074 9186150).
- A rule of silence is in force in the library at all times.
- All external members are expected to abide by this rule.
Subscription does NOT include access to the Computer Suite in the library or access to any other electronic library resources, e.g. Databases, Examination Papers etc.
LYIT Library regrets that it cannot provide external membership to primary or secondary school students.