External Members: Joining the Library
Joining the library rules and regulations
The annual cost of this service is €40.00
External student membership is valid for one year from the date of registration.
Official I.D. is necessary when registering external members for the first time e.g. a driver’s license, bank card, credit card etc.
An address, email address and mobile telephone number will also be required for external students.
A current external member library card must be produced each time books are being borrowed.
External members must either be registered at a third level college or aged 21 or over.
- A maximum of two books may be borrowed at any one time for a normal loan period of two weeks.
- Books labelled ‘Reference Only’ may not be borrowed.
- If the library materials you have borrowed are not requested by another Library member, they may be renewed for a further loan period at the information desk or by telephone (074 9186150).
- A rule of silence is in force in the library at all times.
- All external members are expected to abide by this rule.
Membership does NOT include access to the computer suite in the library or access to any other electronic library resources, e.g. databases, examination papers etc.
ATU Donegal Library regrets that it cannot provide external membership to primary or secondary school students.